Did you know that 78% of small businesses attract new customers through social media? (Source: Eventuality) With the fourth quarter in full effect it’s more important than ever to make sure your social media presence is at its best. Gone are the days where you can solely rely on just your custom meta tags and blog posts to drive traffic to your website via search engines.
According to data compiled by Shareaholics, the top 8 social networks drove 31.24% of overall traffic to sites in December 2014, up from 22.71% the same time last year. With numbers expected to significantly rise this year, it’s imperative your business stays relevant and your social media channels are at their best.
Why is Social Media Important for My Business?
- Increased Brand Recognition: Social Media is a direct form of communication between your business and your consumer, which enables you to learn about your audience and get instant feedback regarding your business. It also allows you to reach customers near or far in a matter of seconds where you otherwise would never be able to reach them.
- It’s Affordable: Unlike many newspaper advertisements or radio spots, Social Media is a great way for small businesses to market themselves with very little investment.
- Improved Brand Loyalty: Social Media gives you the ability to directly respond to your customers and create a memorable service experience, helping to ensure you create a repeat customer.
- Better Search Engine Rankings: Google and other search engines look to Social Media to increase rankings. Regular blog posts and meta tags are no longer enough.
How can I effectively use Social Media to increase Sales?
- Feedback: Use your Social Media channels to engage your customers on products or services that they value, and how they feel your business can improve. Listening to your customers is the best way to ensure they will be a repeat and loyal customer.
- Website Referrals: If you’re utilizing your channels effectively than most of your website traffic will be driven from your Social Media sites. Make sure your website is user friendly and engaging. The longer someone stays on your website the more likely they will be to buy!
- Sharing Content: When you post relevant and interesting content the probability your customers will share it automatically increases. With shares comes a whole new audience you weren’t exposed to before. Try to stay away from “selling” your customers by strictly posting deals, and instead find ways to impart knowledge and have your customers coming back to you daily.
- Social Media Optimization: Many Social Media channels are set up so that you can request reservations, book services, shop, and call straight from the Social Media site itself. Make sure your pages are up to date so customers can easily accomplish their task in under 1 minute without having to leave your page.
- Post Images: A post that contains an image has proven to get the most user engagement. Use your Social Media channels as a portfolio of your items and services to show potential customers what you offer. As they say, a picture can speak 1,000 words!