ADA ACCESSIBLE WEBSITES ARE A
REQUIREMENT TODAY FOR ALL WEBSITES
Until recently ADA compliance was more of a concern to
larger organizations and franchises. Now it is every business
website that needs to be ADA compliant.
GROW YOUR BUSINESS!
WHY DOES MY COMPANY WEBSITE NEED TO BE ADA COMPLIANT?
The answer to that question: Title III of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) is being interpreted to include websites as “places of public accommodation” by U.S. Courts.
Accessibility focuses on how a disabled person accesses or benefits from a site, system, or application. Accessibility is an integral part of the design of your site. Certainly, a consideration when designing a new website and throughout the development process. Section 508 is the governing principle requiring that all public information be accessible to disabled users…websites are considered “Public”.
There are companies that charge $10,000.00-$25,000.00 to do ADA compliance audits and implement the programming to repair the website.
Our solution is budget friendly and will resolve ADA compliance requirements.
ADA ACCESSIBLE WEBSITES ARE A REQUIREMENT TODAY.
WHEN CREATING DIGITAL CONTENT, CONSIDER THE FOLLOWING:
- Color should not be the only navigational tool to differentiate items
- Images require Alt text in the markup/code.
- For images, consider a caption or descriptive summaries built right into a neighboring paragraph
- Functionality must be accessible through keyboard and mouse
- Functionality should work with voice-control systems
- Provide transcripts for podcasts
- Video must provide visual access to the audio information via in-sync captioning
- Add a skip navigation feature
Accessible sites utilize multiple sensory channels. The utilize additional ways to navigate beyond point and click. For example, sight and sound or voice-based navigation. The multi-sensory approach allows disabled users to access the same information as non-disabled users.
Let 20/20 Creative Solutions ensure your website is fully ADA navigable with multi-sensory options. Request a FREE site audit today by filling out the form or speak with one of our experts at: (862) 354-6225